About Us

About Our Church


Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist Church
6400 108th Ave. NE
Kirkland, WA 98033

(425) 822-7922
Sabbath School: 9:30am
Church Service: Saturdays at 10:45am
All Are Welcome!

Our History




It was in the mid-1930’s that a handful of individuals began meeting in the old Grange hall at the end of Slater Street on Lake Washington. As the congregation increased, it was decided to purchase the hall and thus the KirklandSeventh-dayAdventistChurch had a building of its own. During the Second World War, the Lake Washington Shipyard (now the site of Carillon Point) brought tremendous growth to Kirkland’s population. Outgrowing its facility, the congregation secured property no longer needed by the Shipyard and built a new church on NE 52nd Street. A church school was begun in the basement of the chapel – the genesis of the Kirkland SDA School and Puget Sound Adventist Academy. As its numbers grew, the congregation determined to construct a facility more suited to its needs. Through much personal sacrifice, the present building was completed in 1970. The later addition of the Fellowship Hall and Community Service Center in 1986 was indicative of the broad vision of the membership. Through worship, study, fellowship and mission, the desire of the congregation has also been to service church members and neighbors, and to do all to the glory of God.